Owner Operator

Earn up to $1.02 CPM, plus access to 24/7 maintenance.

Apply Today to Drive with Koch!

If you know you're ready to drive with us, fill out our longer application form HERE and prequalify faster.

Pay & Benefits

Competitive Pay

Earn up to $1.02 CPM, plus $50 in stop pay.

$3,000 Referral Bonus

Friends are priceless. But we'll pay you $3,000 to bring them with you to Koch! ($1,500 at first dispatch, $1,500 at 6 months).

Top Equipment

APU-equipped late-model tractors with air-ride cabs and suspensions and 450 HP Cummins engines keep you comfortable on great lanes.

Parts & Services

Get parts at 10% over cost, highly competitive shop rates and 24/7 Road Service Assistance & maintenance account access.

Fuel Discounts

100% of billed & collected fuel surcharge paid to the contractor, plus fuel rebates at major fueling stations.

$3,000 Orientation Bonus

Start your driving career on the right foot with a $3,000 orientation completion bonus.

Positions for Owner Operators

  • Local/Dedicated Van

  • OTR Van

  • Dedicated Marine Fleet

  • Dedicated Specialized (Power Sports Equipment)

  • Dedicated Flatbed (90% pre-loaded)

Equipment Requirements

  • 7 years old or newer tractors eligible, older than 7 years are considered

  • Wheelbase not to exceed 265″

  • 5th wheel height not to exceed 48″

  • Must be capable of scaling 46350 lbs

Required Documents

  • Proof of paid 2290 / highway use tax

  • Copy of equipment title (front and back)

  • Current registration (cab card)

  • Bill of Sale

  • Recent scale ticket

  • Proof of Bobtail / Liability coverage (1 million / $1000 deductible) (Can be obtained through Koch Trucking)

  • Proof of Occupational Accident Insurance (can be obtained through Koch Trucking)

  • Hazmat endorsement is preferred within 90 days
    of sign-on

Driver Qualifications

  • Minimum Age: 22 at time of hire or lease

  • Motor Vehicle Record

    • No DUI/Alcohol related conviction within last 10 years (reviewed on case by case basis)

    • No drug related convictions

    • No serious traffic violations within the past 3 years

    • No CDL/License suspension within past 3 years (suspension for financial reasons can be reviewed)

  • Accidents

    • No major chargeable accident within past 3 years

    • No more than 3 chargeable minor accidents/incidents within past 3 years

  • Experience

    • 6 months tractor/trailer experience in the last 2 years

    • 1 year tractor/trailer experience in the last 10 years

    • Verifiable Military driving experience will be considered if driver also has 6 months commercial tractor/trailer experience

  • CDL

    • Must have a valid Class “A” CDL from declared state of residence prior to entering orientation

*Every candidate is reviewed on a “case-by case” basis and in accord with law. All Qualifications and procedures may be changed at any time, with or without notice, in Koch Trucking’s discretion.

Commonly Asked Questions

Do you pay based on miles or percentage?

We pay contractors on a mileage basis calculated on PC Miler.

What percent of the fuel surcharge do I get?

You are paid 100% of billed and collected fuel surcharge.

How much do you pay per stop?

We pay $50 per stop.

What is your average length of haul?

Koch Trucking’s average length of haul is approximately 500 miles.

How new does my tractor have to be?

All tractors 7 years old or newer will be considered.

What are your equipment requirements?

Your tractor’s wheel base should not exceed 265″, 5th wheel height not to exceed 48″, must be capable of scaling 46350 lbs.

Where are your terminals located?

Minneapolis MN, Ardmore OK, Flower Mound TX, Dublin GA and Buford GA

Do I have to deliver to New York City or Canada?

NYC freight comprises less than 1% of Koch Trucking freight. No Canada freight for our van fleet drivers.

Do I get a discount on parts and repairs?

Yes, parts are available to you at 10% over cost and our highly competitive shop rates are billed on work hours.

How do I submit my paperwork?

At Koch, we will provide you with an iPad with Transflo Mobile downloaded to assist with submitting paperwork.

Do you authorize tolls and how do I pay for them?

Contractors will be reimbursed for all authorized tolls.

Do I have to have a Hazmat endorsement to drive for Koch Trucking?

A Hazmat endorsement is preferred, but not required. Koch Trucking will reimburse you to obtain your Hazmat endorsement.

Five Divisions Strong

Looking to spice up your career? Koch has a variety of driving jobs and fleets for you to choose from - OTR, Dedicated, Specialized, Marine, and Flatbed. Start in one division and move to another if you'd like! There's plenty of room for all kinds of career growth within our Koch family.